31 January 2012

Confused & Unbalanced

As I near my one year mark on this path I have chosen, I have been doing a lot of thinking. I have felt very unbalanced as of late, and have been trying to figure out why. I decided to go back and read some beginning posts from the site I initially joined. My original plan had been to be a Christian Witch. (I realize that it's rather controversial whether or not that is actually possible, but I'm inclined to believe that yes, it is.) It didn't really take me that long to sorta just jump in rather quickly into calling myself an eclectic pagan and trying to follow what I liked. I feel like I stopped really thinking about any of it. Perhaps I got a little caught up in the excitement of being a witch, in a way? I don't know. but my initial, pure reasoning seemed to get tainted. I got warned I shouldn't be so quick to label myself, and I never felt like I was since pagan is such a broad term. But I'm starting to think I was wrong.

Perhaps it's everything that's been going on in my life. But I do feel like I should spend some time rethinking different things. It's hard because the decision to start on the path was the right one, I know. I felt so at peace with nature. I do feel that a divine being exists everywhere, in everything. I don't believe in the bible. I like some of the scriptures, sure but in the way I like stories. I feel like I've always had morals. I do love tarot. In fact, I did do a tarot reading and well I am unbalance in my beliefs. So I will now be spending my second year reevaluating. Only this time I plan do it right. No rushing. ^^

1 comment:

  1. Hey Thistle, I like your blog. :) It's good to keep track of your spiritual journey this way. I have a simple suggestion, which is to make sure you're using a web safe font. I had to copy this to Notepad to read it. I'm guessing that it's not displaying in the same font that you intended for it to.

    ReplyDelete